- Why should I take Well.Actually Neuro Night 5-HTP+?
Well.Actually. Neuro Night 5-HTP+ has been developed as a convenient way to supplement the diet with a combination of synergetic powerful ingredients which can influence our state of restfulness.
- 5-HTP is converted in the body into the brain chemical messenger serotonin. Serotonin in the brain acts as a chemical messenger and influences most brain cells, including sleep, appetite, mood and sexual desire. Our 5-HTP is extracted from and 8:1 Griffonia plant extract, which corresponds to 400 mg of fresh plant before extraction. It is certified ‘Peak-X’ free, and sourced and manufactured to the UK GMP standards.
- Marine Magnesium – Our Marine Magnesium is derived from the clean waters off the Irish Coast. In addition to the magnesium, our marine magnesium contains 72 additional trace minerals. Magnesium is often referred to as the ‘relaxation mineral’, where anything tight, cramping, or stiff, both in body and mind, could be a sign of magnesium deficiency. This critical mineral is found in all our tissue and responsible for over 300 enzyme* reactions -- mainly in bones, muscles, and brain. *Enzymes help speed up chemical reactions in the human body. They bind to molecules and alter them in specific ways. They are essential for respiration, digesting food, muscle and nerve function, among thousands of other roles.
- Schisandra (Schisandra Chinensis) is a plant whose deep red berries have long been used in traditional Chinese medicine. Schisandra is considered an "adaptogen," meaning a plant or herb that balances the body's functions and maintains homeostasis.
- Vitamin B6 is most widely known as the ‘sleep hormone’. It converts the amino acid tryptophan into serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps regulate levels of the sleep hormone melatonin. Well Actually Neuro Night's Vitamin B6 is in the active and readily usable form (Pyridoxal 5’ Phosphate).
- Reishi Mushrooms - Reishi has been an important part of Chinese and Japanese medicine for nearly 4,000 years. As an adaptogen, Reishi supports the stress response by promoting the normal cortisol and adrenaline levels.
- Chamomile - Chamomile is one of the most ancient medicinal herbs known to mankind. It contains apigenin, an antioxidant that binds to certain receptors in your brain that may promote sleepiness or the inability to sleep.
- Hops - Early physicians observed that hops pickers tired very easily during the harvest and assumed that a sticky resin excreted by the cut plant caused this effect. In recent years, scientists have confirmed that humulene and lupuline found in hops have mild sedative properties. Studies have found that hops have chemicals that act like estrogen. These chemicals help to relieve symptoms of hormonal changes which occur because of menopause.
- Who should take Neuro Night 5-HTP+?
Feeling overwhelmed, uptight or restless? You might be missing out on nutrients which could help re-balance your emotional health.
In these modern-day times, diets and meal plans have changed (quick meals) and our body clocks are being challenged by blue light mobile technology which reduce melatonin (clock setting hormone) production.
Lives are busier, more complicated and challenging where many people live in a state of constant stress. Besides practicing mindfulness or deep breathing regularly, eating a healthy diet and getting good exercise, vitamins, minerals, and herbs have been shown to help alleviate stress, restlessness, and hormone imbalances which could be adversely affecting your health.
Neuro Night 5-HTP+ supplement should be taken as a nutritional support to help the body and mind relax and to achieve the normal onset of sleep.
- When will I start to feel the effects of Neuro Night 5-HTP+?
It is recommended to take Neuro Night 5-HTP+ for 1-2 weeks to begin seeing the full effects. It is suggested that you take one capsule 30 mins before you go to bed. Alternatively, if you do not feel any relaxation/sleepy effects or maybe you experience the opposite, take it earlier in the day i.e. afternoon or early evening, with a meal.
Take two capsules only if required, after assessing how Neuro Night 5-HTP+ affects you, having taken one capsule over a one to two-week period.
- How long should I take the Neuro Night 5-HTP+ for?
Continue to take for up to 3 months, take a break for a month and continue to take if required. Repeat this cycle for best results.
- If I take Well.Actually. Neuro Night 5-HTP+ should I expect any side effects?
In a few individuals 5-HTP can cause mild drowsiness so it is advisable not to drive or operate machinery until you determine how it affects you.
Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur.
- Can Neuro Night 5-HTP+ be taken with other medications?
Well.Actually. Neuro Night5-HTP+ food supplement is generally safe to be taken alongside medications. However, if you are taking anti-depressants, you should consult your doctor before taking this product. Do not take if pregnant or breast feeding.
Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur. For specific advice it is recommended that you contact your doctor or pharmacist.